Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pretty Productive Day

Watched/Re-watched three films today...

I had not seen "Mad Max 2: Road Warrior" since seeing it originally in the theaters in Las Vegas circa 1982. After similarly re-watching Mad Max 1 in San Diego last month, I felt like I needed to finish what I started ("Beyond the Thunderdome" is on deck, of course). Even better than I remembered considering what a turd this guy turned into the past 10 years. M.Youth drummer Sal A. Mander should dress as Bruce Spence for Halloween. Notable is Brian May's Chase Theme (the Australian composer, not to be confused with the Queen guitarist):



After receiving Mr. T connoisseur Dion's blessing, I proceeded to watch Joel Schumacher's second directed film "D.C. Cab" for the first time. First credited film for Bill Maher and Paul Rodriguez although everyone knows the real reason for watching this film is Mr. "I Pity The Fool" T who surprisingly had a relatively minor role compared to Gary Busey and Adam Baldwin of "My Bodyguard" fame. Giorgio Moroder scored this sucka!



I always assumed that 80's Tucson band Naked Prey (post-Green on Red, pre-Calexico/Giant Sand) was named after the 1966 Cornel Wilde film so I finally watched it. Didn't realize it was filmed in South Africa with a primarily South African cast and soundtrack (which features Nguni tribal songs specifically recorded for the film). Relates to Road Warrior because the aforementioned turd supposedly ripped parts of this one off for his "Apocalypto" which I refuse to independently confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment